Sundays, 4.30pm @ 16 Mercer Avenue, Castle Hill, DA10 1BR
We’re meeting online via zoom at the moment!
As the name suggests, Connect groups have a simple aim: to help us get to know each other better, as we get to know God better!
They’re very relaxed and everyone is welcome! You might be “just looking,” or “not sure,” about faith. You might be totally convinced, or very skeptical. Or you might just have lots of questions. Why not come along?
Although our meetings vary slightly from week to week, our core activities usually include:
- Bible study
- Singing a few Christian songs (not compulsory! )
- Drinks and refreshments ( often we have meals together as well )
Tuesday (monthly) – “Coffee & Questions”
- What do you think?
- Do you have an opinion?
- Why not discuss it over coffee (& cake) ?
“Coffee & Questions,” is an opportunity to discuss some of life’s big questions in a relaxed & friendly way. We start with drinks before a brief introduction on a topic to get us thinking. Then we chat, ask questions or just listen. We finish with a short “sound-bite” after which we can leave or grab another drink.
It’s friendly, everyone’s free to agree or disagree, & hopefully it will get us thinking.
We’re currently taking a break from Coffee & Questions. However here are some of the things we’ve talked about in the past. Any of these interest you?
- “Feeling the Pressure?” – Is life too stressful? Are we all to busy? Can we find calm? Or is stress actually GOOD for us?
- “A Good God?” – If God is good, why is the world so bad?
- “Money, Money, Money!” – Is it always sunny in a rich man’s world?
- To believe or not to believe? Is that really the question? – is it true that religious people “believe” but athiests don’t ? Isn’t it just more honest to admit that athiesm is just as much a “faith system” as Christianity?
- Wonderful World or Woeful World? – is our world basically good, bad, or both? How are we to make sense of the nice and nasty things that happen? And is there any answer to the problems the world faces today?